Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The French Apartment

I've decided I want to live in a crappy yet colorful French apartment. It doesn't necessarily have to be in France, however. After watching a ton of Jean-Pierre Jeunet films and other French films as well I have come to the conclusion that ALL French apartments are magnificently decrepit and filled with interesting characters. At my current apartment, if it were written for French film, the deaf neighbor would be transformed into a goofy clown, the Jesus freak would become a raving lunatic, and the cranky old lady would be what we decide to eat when we have no food. This would be a highly preferable situation. As it stands now, I hardly leave my apartment, and when I do, I see no colorful characters, only annoying neighbors. This may be why I've chosen the life of a hermit. Or it could be the lack of funds for gasoline. I believe it is the former, rather than the latter. Also, I am addicted to Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment