Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Benadryl Overdose?

No, I just haven't been inspired to write much. Had to start a new semester and all that...so I'm back teaching again. I enjoy it, except for grading papers. I love reading, just not what my students write. I once thought I should be an editor or proofreader, but I think I would pluck my eyeballs out with a spork if I had to continually correct grammar, punctuation, and ignorance all day.

Also, I've been spending my time with my boy/girlfriend Netflix. Everyday I find some new horror movie or supernatural tv show to which I can apply my critical eye. No one will watch tv with me because I always point out the problems in plot line, scenery, and just general mishaps. I find that fun, but I think I may be the only one. I can get a friend to watch American Horror Story with me, but I think it's because she just likes to hear my stupid theories about Rubber Man and Infantata. I think she watches the episodes before she comes over so I don't ruin it for her. Maybe I should stop being so critical, at least in front of people.

Either way, I still hate my apartment. The neighbors called Public Health on me and said I had dog poop piling into stalagmites in my apartment. Although I appreciate their concern, they need to MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS. I'm not defensive because I do have cave structures made of poo in my apartment, but because people need to focus on their own living-off-the-government lives and let me live mine. I never invited them to spelunk in my apartment so they have no reason to bother me. Once again, this wouldn't happen in my French apartment :(

I am reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman and loving it. It is the only contemporary book that has held my attention as well as Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials. Both books rely on our sense of heritage and theology, but in different ways. So far I am super impressed. I will write a full review once I get much further along.

As for now, good evening/morning :)

1 comment:

  1. Baaaah you make me laugh :) I love watching tv with you, you have good theories and you make me think. If I didn't have you to watch American Horror Story with me, I wouldn't have those good ideas about whose dead and what the hells going on.

    ReplyDelete